Friday, February 5, 2016

Buying Concert Tickets

This morning, I woke up, got ready to leave, and on my way out the door, I had some time, so I got out my phone and looked at Facebook.  I saw that a couple of my friends had posted as being interested in a concert at the McGrath Amphitheater.  The group is Walk the Moon.   I knew one of their songs, and it was my favorite song for summer, and I continue to love it when I hear it.  I decided that I was interested in it, and that I would try to get tickets.

During my third hour class, I got on the ticket website, got a pre-sale code from the event page on Facebook, and bought tickets.  Just like that.  I had asked somebody to go with me, and they were in the same boat.  Know a song or two, but beyond that it's foreign to them.  As the day progresses, I find myself getting more and more excited for the concert, which is still six months away.  I keep listening to their music and I love it.  I cannot figure out how I never knew about them before.

I have two very different standpoints on what I just did.  Part of me highly suggests doing this.  Just decide to do it.  You'll open up to new types of music right away, because to go to a concert you want to know the music you will her, so you can get more into it.  This is what makes the concert amazing.  You can sing and dance along with the artists and performers, the crowd, and everybody.  It's so much fun.   You will listen to that artist or group a lot, but you will also hear other groups.  It's just natural for that to happen.  You also open up to a new crowd of people.  Different types of music attracts different crowds, so you will see a whole new side of your world.

It's also a horrible idea to buy tickets to a concert without knowing anything about the group but a song or two.  You are spending a lot of money on tickets.  And often they are hard to resell.  What if you start listening to their music and you dislike them, excluding the couple songs you do know?  The songs that you know could be a groups "odd songs," or songs that are different from anything else they make.  You have just wasted your money on concert tickets to a concert for a group that you don't like.  

I personally have never been to a concert that I didn't like, because often times you get into the scene and everything just happens.  It's easy to get into the crowd, and you just kinda forget that you don't actually know or like the music.  You become a fan for the two or so hours that you are in the arena.

I'll leave the final choice up to you, whether you want to buy tickets to a concert because you can or not.  I don't think you'll be disappointed if you do, and you're smart about it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment