Thursday, February 4, 2016

Free Spirit Music

I've been listening to some new music lately.  It's a band that isn't well known, but has a song that most people might know.  It's called "Shut Up and Dance," by Walk the Moon.  The first time I heard this song, I fell in love.  It was something that I could sing to, and dance around in the small, restricted seat of my car.  When I think about it, the memories that come to mind are summer drives, windows down, just cruising.  No rush, no cares, just being free.

I've lately began getting more into some of their other stuff, and all of their music is just as free.  It's loud and everywhere, and it makes you want to move.  I can picture this music playing at a party and everybody just gets into it.  I have really fallen in love with music like this as I continue to experience new songs and groups.

This type of music just lifts a person up.  It makes you happy, and all your cares just melt away instantly.  I am confident that when I need a burst of energy, I can listen to music with this style, and I will get so much more done, but not if it's homework or studying.  It would have to be chores, or tasks like that.  If I were to listen to it while studying, I would be too tempted to get up and move that I would get nothing accomplished.  

Free spirited music makes time move slower.  It it just seems like the only thing happening is you.  It's upbeat and fast, and nothing outside your earbuds or speakers is really happening.  I think that everybody could benefit from listening to free spirited music here and there.  It takes stress away and gives you a break from reality.  You have a period of at least two minutes that you can do whatever you feel like.  That's what this style of music does.

Often you might not sing because there is so much going on in the song that the lyrics get covered up.  That doesn't mean you can't sing along, it just makes it harder, I know from experience.  I think the busyness is what makes it so free and chill.  It mirrors your, or at least my thoughts, and clears my head afterwards.

Another perk of free spirited music is that it's not the cookie cutter pop music that gets played on the radio all the time.  You have to actually go looking for it.  This doesn't take much time, start with on band, and most music websites such as Pandora, Spotify, and even YouTube will give you suggestions to what you would like.

Here are some links to YouTube videos of Walk the Moon Songs.
Shut Up and Dance
Anna Sun
Tightrope
Feel free to check them out, and explore even further!

No comments:

Post a Comment